Wednesday, March 5, 2014

DIY your own Tinted Lip Balm

 

DIY CHITRA PAL LIP TINT (10)

Since so many days, I have been thinking to buy reddish color lip balm for me, but I could not find the right color, or the quality for lip balm is not good. 

This encouraged me to use my favorite lip balm and favorite lipstick color which is red and make my own Tinted Lip balm as DIY. I hope you enjoy this DIY and make your own too.

For this DIY ,  I used one small sample size for red lipstick which I had, which I was not to use often as I was too scared of breaking it and the cap keeps on falling if I carry in my travel bag. So I decided to use this lipstick with my favorite lip balm Soft Lips which has SPF 20 and it will protect me in summers. You can use any brand you want.

For this you can just need

  1. One Lip balm/chap stick ( clear ) use any brand which suits you.
  2. One Lipstick, which you cannot use or you like.
  3. Olive oil, is a natural cure for your chapped or dry lips.
  4. A spoon or toothpick to mix and a mixing bowl (microwave safe) or big spoon.

Step by Step Directions with Images

  1. In a mixing bowl, scoop out all of your lip balm, don't worry we will fill it in again afterwards.
  2. Scoop out your favorite lipstick for color.
  3. Put very little  1/4 tsp of olive oil.
  4. Put the mixing bowl in a microwave or you can also heat with candle also. If you are heating the mixture with candle, don’t use mixing bowl just use a big spoon for mixture and put the spoon over the candle, it will take little bit more time then microwave.
  5. Let the mixture melt and mix them well with a tooth pick.
  6. Now with the help of small spoon or filter scoop the mixture back in your empty lip balm tin or bottle.
  7. Clean the bottle from outside and keep it in freezer for five minutes or in fridge for 10-15 minutes.
  8. Now you very own tinted lip balm is ready to use.

Below are the step by step pictures and a hand and lip swatch for you. If you decide to make you own, make sure you tag me a photo on my social networks.

DIY CHITRA PAL LIP TINT (8)DIY CHITRA PAL LIP TINT (7)DIY CHITRA PAL LIP TINT (4)DIY CHITRA PAL LIP TINT (5)DIY CHITRA PAL LIP TINT (3)DIY CHITRA PAL LIP TINT (9)DIY CHITRA PAL LIP TINT (2)DIY CHITRA PAL LIP TINT (1)DIY CHITRA PAL LIP TINT (10)

 

 

-XO XO

Chitra

No comments:

Post a Comment