Recently you saw I posted small haul drugstore haul photo on my Instagram. I got two NYX Cosmetics Soft Matte Lip Cream in Addis Ababa and Milan. They were buy one get 50% off in CVS during that week, it was for $6.29 and the other one was for $3.14 I did not have any NYX in my collection and I have heard a lot about these, so I decided to get two mates, as I love matte lipsticks. I used them both one by one during my work days. Below is my review and swatches for both. I also listed some similar shades I have in my collection. I am not claiming as exact dupes, but they are similar shades. You can choose the similar shades if you don’t have these NYX Matte cream.
Review for NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams
- They cost around $6.50 depending upon location you are buying. For drugstore lipsticks they are of similar price with Maybelline, Revlon and Loreal.
- They are very light weight matte cream lipsticks and smells like vanilla.
- The doe foot applicator isn't hygienically ideal, but makes for simple and great for on the go application.
- The texture is a velvety cream with an apparent silicone feel that disappears when dry.
- It's important to exfoliate and moisturize lips before application otherwise it will settle in your fine lines or cracks.
- There are very pretty colors available in whole line suiting all skin tones.
- They are around 0.27fl oz. 8ml in size, good for having them in your collection.
- They are very convenient containers to carry them in your purse or on your vanity.
- The containers are very true to color very well pigmented.
- They are kind of even application, you have to swipe at least twice for getting them evenly distributed on your lips.
- They don’t last for long, you may have to touch even after coffee or water.
- It does not stain, but completely wears off if you eat or drink.
They are not at all long lasting. I will not recommend to my friend if you already have mattes in your collection, you can pass it on this line. I didn’t really care for them, I think Revlon matte lip crayons are also similar to this range or you can always choose wet n wild mega last lipsticks which are pure matte’s but little dry.
Addis Ababa SMLc07
Similar Color alert :- “Don’t Blink Pink” "- 966 from Wet n Wild Mega last is similar color for this NYX Cosmetics Soft Matte Lip Cream “Addis Ababa”. Wet n Wild is around $2.99 and NYX Soft Matte Lip cream one is around $6.50 depends on your location you are buying. Also you can buy both in less price during weekly drugstore sales/deals.
Here are the Swatches :- Addis Ababa is on top and Don’t Blink Pink is bottom swatch.
Hope my Review and Swatch for them will be helpful to you. I know most of the girls rave about them but this is just my own experience and opinion. I respect you review and expect you to respect mine